Social Service - Substance Abuse

Location US-NY-New York


A Substance Abuse Counselor requires a high school diploma, college degree and certification. These counselors will recognize an individual at risk for becoming addicted to drugs or illegal substances and recommend appropriate action. The substance abuse social worker educates clients, acts as a patient advocate, provides crisis intervention, manages cases and facilitates individual and group therapy. Most positions include a comprehensive Union benefits package and competitive salaries.


If you are searching for work in a social service/substance abuse job category, our Employment Service can assist you in obtaining employment in the following job titles:


Alcoholism Counselor

Substance Abuse Counselor


Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed